Evaluation for data-based decision-making is a hallmark of PBIS. This page provides coaches with a quick reference to the most widely used tools for self-assessment and action planning, and suggests a timeline for implementation. The following evaluation tools assist schools, districts, and the Midwest PBIS Network in answering these essential questions:
1. Do training and technical assistance provided by the Network result in PBIS Implementation?
- How do you know if you are implementing?
- Are you assessing BOTH fidelity and outcomes?
2. If schools implement PBIS, do they implement with fidelity?
3. If schools implement PBIS, are they able to sustain implementation?
4. Does PBIS implementation result in benefits to students?
5. Does PBIS implementation result in benefits to students receiving T2, T3 plans, as well as students with IEPs, and students who identify
as African-American, Hispanic, or second language learners?
|Self-Assessment Survey (SAS)|
|SW-PBIS Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI)|
|Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) Action Plan|
| School-wide Information System or similar system|
(SWIS, CICO-SWIS, ISIS-SWIS)