Tier II Team Training
This training session is designed to help teams and schools develop the capacity for an effective and efficient continuum of Tier 2 supports for youth. School teams will be supported in the establishment of a Secondary Systems Planning Team, learning how to use universal data to target groups of students in need of Tier 2 support and assessing the fidelity of interventions/supports provided. Teams will explore the critical features of Tier 2 interventions and how they are applied to the Check-In-Check Out (CICO) intervention and the systems and data necessary for successful installation. Teams will be supported in developing their CICO system including their DPR, referral, acknowledgement system, and plan for progress monitoring.
Who Should Participate
This training is designed for school staff intended to engage in the coaching or coordination of Tier 2 systems, data, and the installation of Check-In-Check-Out.
- Coordinators: School staff intending on overseeing/managing CICO
- District/building based coaches specifically focused on supporting and overseeing Tier II and the installation of CICO
- Facilitators: School staff intending on being the ones to deliver or facilitate CICO
Participants can expect to leave being able to
- Use Tier I data and other referral sources to identify students in need of foundational Tier II supports
- Create a Secondary Systems Planning Team (Tier II Team), identifying team members’ roles and responsibilities
- Use data for decision-making and on-going progress monitoring, knowing when to add more interventions, and how/when to exit students from interventions
- Gain critical knowledge about each of the interventions in the secondary series, install the interventions, and check for implementation fidelity
- Design a process for effective communication and data sharing between Tier I and Tier II
- Understand how to apply the critical features of Tier II foundational interventions
Examples of Tier II Content From Schools