Tier I Team Training - Overview
Tips for schools participating in PBIS Tier I Team Training:
- This training for school teams only. A representative team of your school community, including the building administrator, a designated school-based PBIS coach, and typically four to six additional Tier I team members (faculty, staff representatives; family representatives; clinical staff, etc.). District-based PBIS coaches are also encouraged to participate with school teams to support fidelity and sustainability of implementation throughout the district.
- Tier I PBIS Team Training is aligned to the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) tool.
- Bring laptops.
- Download materials on this page in advance to your laptop. Wifi is also available at the training sites.
- Sit with your school team.
- Tier I PBIS Team Workbook (one for the building-based coach, and one for the note-taker)
- Rethinking Discipline Article/Activity
- Any/all school artifacts relating to behavioral supports/Tier I PBIS implementation
- Current Behavior/Social Culture or PBIS Action Plan
- School-wide Expectations and Behavior Matrix
- Classroom Behavior Matrix
- Behavioral Lesson Plans / Schedule for teaching
- Acknowledgement and Reinforcement System/Schedule – for staff and students
- Discipline Flowchart and Referral T-Chart
- SWIS/Discipline Data
- Results from your most recent PBIS Tiered Fidelity Inventory Tool
- Staff feedback on school climate and discipline (e.g. SAS Survey)
- Team Meeting Schedule
Tier I Team Training - Materials
|Subject||Content||Activities & Tools|
|Overview of Tier I|
| TFI 1.1: Team Composition & |
TFI 1.2: Operating Procedures
|TFI 1.3: Behavioral Expectations|
|TFI 1.4: Teaching Expectations|
| TFI 1.10: Faculty Involvement and |
TFI 1.11: Student/Family/Community Involvement
|TFI 1.9: Feedback & Acknowledgement|
|TFI 1.5: Problem Definitions & |
TFI 1.6: Discipline Policies
TFI 1.8: Classroom Procedures (introduction)
|TFI 1.12 Discipline Data & |
TFI 1.13 Data-based Decision Making
|TFI 1.7: Professional Development|
|TFI 1.14: Fidelity Data & TFI 1.15: Annual Evaluation|
|Wrap Up/Questions and Answers/Team Action Planning|
Alternate Agenda Option for Items 1.7, 1.14, 1.15 and Wrap-Up